Vice President - Americas
Acts as the Board of Governors' representative to Divisional Directors in the various Divisions comprising the Americas Region, and oversees the day to day administration of the Region.
- VATSIM, Inc. Board of Directors
- VATSIM BoG Team
- Acts as the Board of Governors' representative to the Divisional Directors within the Region and liaises between both groups
- Assists Divisional Directors with inter-division issues
- Provides reports to the Board of Governors on the activities of Divisions comprising the Region
- Ensures that the Divisional Directors are fulfilling their requirements and duties under Article §2.08 of the VATSIM Code of Regulations
- Promotes an excellent working relationship between the Board of Governors and the Divisions
- Is responsible for quality control of ATC training within the Region
- Ensures the best possible ATC coverage is available in the Region
- Participates in Division meetings in support of the Division Directors to have a full understanding of the day-to-day activities of each Division
Board of Governors Duties:
- Attend the Board of Governors meetings as outlined in Article §2.07 of the VATSIM Code of Regulations
- Maintain a regular monthly online presence and be willing to answer questions from members if connected with staff callsign
- Assist with duties as a VATSIM Supervisor when logged into the network with a rating of Administrator. Enforce the policies of VATSIM both on and off the network.
- Interact with other members of the Board of Governors, the VATSIM Executive Committee and/or individual Regional Directors as needed to accomplish their individual and collective duties
- Actively contribute to the development of VATSIM policy, procedures and plans
Position Holder Attributes:
- Be a member of good standing in VATSIM for more than two years at the time of application
- Demonstrated ability to make and keep commitments
- Ability to communicate clearly through different mediums to people of different cultures, backgrounds and nationalities
- The expectation of availability to attend all scheduled meetings for the duration of the meeting and engage daily in email and voice communications with other BoG members in furtherance of VATSIM policy and procedures and effectively engage with staff, members, and the professional media in problem-solving and relationship building.
- Have excellent knowledge of the VATSIM Code of Conduct, Code of Regulations, Global Ratings Policy, Transfer and Visiting Controller Policy, VA/VSOA, and Pilot Training procedures
- Have excellent knowledge of Region/Division operations including ATC Training on the network
- Have an appreciation of differing techniques and processes used within different regions
- Have proven ability in the management of a small group of people
- Be able to work effectively and build relationships within a volunteer organization
- Have proven ability with the use of Flight Simulation software and VATSIM Pilot and ATC Client Software
- Able to leverage the strength of the organization to solve problems and find resources to apply to issues globally
© 2022 VATSIM, Inc.